Re: [xml] arguments to an XSLT transformation in Python

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 08:17:21PM +0200, Martijn Faassen wrote:
This works, but I'd like to pass something else to the transformation
(and thus f()) than a string or the result of an xpath expression. What
I would to pass is an arbitrary Python object. While the XSLT
transformation itself cannot use it, I can pass it to my Python
extension function which then should be able to call methods on it.

I can't get this to work though. When I pass in a python object what is
passed to f() is an empty list ([]). The only thing that seems to be
legal to pass is an xpath expression...

  Hum, yes I think only a string will go through there.

Is something like what I want supported at all? If not, is there a
workaround? I need to be able to get to a context object that has
nothing to do with XSLT from my Python script. Is it possible to stuff
such a thing (before the transformation starts) on what gets passed as
ctx, perhaps?

  At the C level you can use the _private field of the context
to plug your own data. Maybe that could be added as a Python
interface, but I doubt there is something which would work out of the
box right now ...

Daniel