Re: [xml] odd values for node->content after xsltApplyStylesheet

Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> 5/4/2004 9:08:09 AM >>>
 Hum, I just realized you asked in the context of XSLT.
When an XML document is passed to the XSLT processor, the tree
is scanned and the ELEMENTs are labelled in document order.
This is needed to speed up XPath queries, especially ordering
or resulting nodesets. And that order is stored in the node->content
of ELEMENTS nodes. So yes, you are right, the node->content get
modified
when you apply a stylesheet to a document. This should be harmless
as the content field is not supposed to be used for ELEMENT nodes.
Once the XSLT processing is done you can reset them to NULL if this
really annoys you, there should be no side effect.

  ah, ok.  I'll just ignore it then.  Thanks for the explanation.

eric