Re: [xml] Need help: My program trying to free

On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 09:16:13PM -0500, Jones, Mark A (Mark) wrote:
I'm getting a core dump after calling xmlFreeTextReader(reader).  Has anyone seen a problem like this
before?  I show the piece of code that is dropping the core along with a few stack frames (gdb) from the
core file.   Any insight would be much appreciated.
[..]
        type = processNode(reader);
        if ( type == DETAILS || type == DETAIL )
            ret = xmlTextReaderNext(reader);
        else
            ret = xmlTextReaderRead(reader);
    }
    xmlFreeTextReader(reader);

  Without a way to reproduce the problem, I don't see what might be going
wrong. maybe processNode() made a free error, maybe your program made a free
error, destroying the allocator data and making xmlFreeTextReader() fail.
Use valgrind or other memory debugging tool.

Daniel