Re: [xml] Please help! How to keep quot and apos entities?

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 03:45:13PM -0500, Sorokin, Aleksey (NIH/NLM/NCBI) wrote:
Please help!

I have " entity in my XML.

Each time I'm using libxml (xmllint also is a good example) this entity
substituted by double quotation.

  yes they mean exactly the same thing !

This also happened with ' but never happened with other "standard"
entity like &

  yes they are predefined entities at the XML level and totally equivalent
as their character counter-part.

Can anybody please advise me how to keep " in my XML?

  Basically you can't, the parser replace them at parsing time with
their character code point equivalent. The fact that the caracter came from
a predefined entity or the caracter value replacement is lost, and I think
most XML parser have the exact same behaviour.

  The real question is why in your environment are " and " handled
differently, and you should consider this a bug basically ...

Daniel