Re: [xml] Problem with character references in range � through  inclusive

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 08:12:36AM +0100, Peter Jacobi wrote:
Hi Daniel, All,

  Hum ...  is not in the allowed character range of XML
(see production 4 of the spec at http://www.w3.org/REC-xml IIRC)
[...]

Only that the ever so busy W3C has a) shuffled around all documents,
so that the above link is dead and

  I simply forgot the TR/ part of the URL http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml.

b) made  legal in XML1.1,
so that the above sentence now needs to be qualified by XML version.

  Right but since libxml2 doesn't implement 1.1 yet there isn't too many
risk of confusion in this context.

I assume this is meant to keep the implementors busy, so that
in the meantime the W3C can discuss XML1.2 without being
disturbed by those, who have to actually implement all this
stuff ;-)

We don't plan any XML-1.2 so far, and I don't plan to implement XML-1.1
until I see an urgent need and have time to do so.
I'm on both side, i.e. in the XML Core Working Group, and also an implementor,
and I can tell you that we all know there what's the cost of implementation,
certification, releases and updates !

Daniel