Re: [xml] xmlSchemaParse() generate error.

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 02:54:10PM +0900, ??? wrote:
because of character set encoding problem, I will repost original message.

 am using this XML parser for parsing and validating CPL(Call Processing Language).
CPL is IETF IPTEL's internet draft(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-iptel-cpl-08.txt).
When I tried to parse XML Schema definition for CPL using xmlSchemaParse(), I found that XML parser alway
returns error.
I don't want to believe that the author of CPL draft makes error while editing XML schema for CPL.

  We state on the main page of the web site:

  http://xmlsoft.org/

"A partial implementation of XML Schemas Part 1: Structure is being worked
 on but it would be far too early to make any conformance statement about
 it at the moment."

  i.e. use at your own risk, it's not finished yet.

[...]
           <xs:sequence>
             <xs:element name="string" type="StringType" minOccurs="0"
                 maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
             <xs:sequence minOccurs="0">
               <xs:element name="not-present" type="NotPresentAction"/>
               <xs:element name="string" type="StringType" minOccurs="0"
                   maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
             </xs:sequence>
             <xs:element name="otherwise" type="OtherwiseAction"
                 minOccurs="0"/>
           </xs:sequence>
[...]
in above xml schema chunk, xmlSchemaParse()'s error message is something like
"Conent model of string-switch is not deterministic".

  Looks like a bug, it is deterministic...
Can you fill up a bugzilla report, with a complete schemas instance showing
the problem, thanks !

So, I try to parse again after modifing this code chunk to....
[...]
       <xs:anyAttribute namespace="##any" processContents="lax"/>
[...]

well, after modifing schema chunk, I got difference error message,
"attribute anyattribute 18 has nor type nor reference".
after deleting  <xs:anyAttribute namespace="##any" processContents="lax"/> line from XML source,
I can successfully parse XML schema for CPL.

  There is no support for lax or partial XSD Schemas validation yet in libxml2
so it's not surprizing this raised an error.

Daniel