Re: [xml] libxml2 on hpux 11.23

Goutham S Mohan wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to compile libxml2 v2.5.11 from
http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux/Gnome/libxml2-2.5.11/ on a HPUX 11.23
machine. I want to build the IA64 binaries / libraries on IPF.

I am running configure as:
configure --build=`config.guess` --prefix=$INSTALL_PATH --with-http=no
--with-ftp=no --with-thread=yes --with-zlib=no --with-thread-alloc=yes
--with-debug=yes --enable-shared=yes --enable-static=no

This builds the libxml in 32-bit mode which is not what I want. I want to
build it for IA64 on IPF. What else do I need to do?

Actually, you have built for IA64 (strictly speaking, IPF) - just a 32-bit
version of IA64 :)

To get 64-bit compilation, you need to add +DD64 to the compile.  The
+DD32/+DD64 syntax replaces the other +DA options and should work for both IPF
and PA_RISC compilations of software.

I'd suggest adding the +DD to a CFLAGS variable before you run the configure.
(CFLAGS="+DD64" ./configure ..." Once you throw the switch, _everything_ that
you build will need to be 64 bit - one cannot mix 32-bit and 64 bit objects or
libraries in the same executable.

rick jones
feel free to post, OR email to raj in cup.hp.com  but NOT BOTH...