Re: [xml] libxml2 2.6.7 and Python

At 04:36 AM 3/4/2004 -0500, you wrote:
On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 03:13:36AM -0600, Dan West wrote:

> I just installed libxml 2 2.6.7 from source on my Red Hat Linux box and
> also built the libs for Python. When I import the module from Python I get
> the following traceback.  I've run ldconfig and made sure the library was
> there.  Any ideas?

  You launched python 2.3 and the module was compiled for the system
python (which on Red Hat Linux is 2.2 or older).

The module gets compiled with "python setup.py build", correct? That would have been run under my build of Python 2.3. When I check the /usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages directory I see libxml2mod.so, and libxml2.py(c).

If the module gets compiled before "python setup.py build" then how do I tell it to build for the local Python 2.3 installation?

-Dan