[xml] libxslt question

I have a large xml document that I want to break down and transform into many smaller files. For each occurrence of "/foo", I want to create a new file that is built using an xsl transformation based on the foo-Node.

However, xsltApplyStylesheet gets the entire document and stylesheet passed in, and writing match="/" in the stylesheet produces transformations for all the nodes, not the specific one that I want, of course. How can I trick it into transforming just one specific node?

I've only started using libxslt yesterday, so if that's a really stupid question, I wouldn't know it :-)

Enno.
--
<xterm> The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should
     be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take