Re: [xml] odd xpath troubles (solved)

On Sat, Jun 26, 2004 at 07:00:47AM +0800, William M. Brack wrote:
sramsay uga edu said:

I'm experiencing some really strange troubles with the xpath
facilities in libxml2.

"Strange", of course, is a relative term, closely related to the
observer's perceptions.

Brevity is admirable, but here there is a bit too much left to the
reader's imagination.  I would be particularly interested in the
eventual fate of the object "xpathObj", after the for loop has
completed.  Might I assume that it is delivered to
xmlXPathFreeObject for disposal at some point before the routine has
completed?

The problem is that I am an idiot.  I was returning the object after
I had already deallocated the resources.  How I missed this is beyond
me, but of course, I realized it within an hour of posting to the
list.

Mea culpa.  Thanks for the response and the rubber-ducking.

Steve

--
Stephen Ramsay
Assistant Professor