Re: [xml] xmlCopyProp() / xmlCopyPropList() don't work properly

On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 01:52:52AM +0200, Oliver Stöneberg wrote:
On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 06:23:34PM +0200, Oliver Stöneberg wrote:
So, what is that "target" xmlNodePtr parameter for? The docs says,
it's the node "where the attributes will be grafted". That sounds to
me like they are being copied over to the properties of the given
"target" xmlNodePtr.
If that's not the case, that parameter seems useless and should be
marked as deprecated or something like that in the docs IMO.

  It's needed to get the doc, entities, namespaces, etc ... it is
really used.
Please do not suggest changes when you apparently do not understand
the code, you need a node context to make such a copy. Adding the
copied attribute(s) directly would be serious API change breaking
even xmlCopyNode() and probably a lot of applications too.
I'm okay to reword the documentation string, but only if they
provide a better indication of what the code does.

Daniel