Re: [xml] libxml2 for MVS/OS390

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 04:39:37PM +0200, victor buch betasystems com wrote:
Dear Sirs,

I'am going to use libxml2 for XML parsing on native MVS/OS390 platform. Can
I do it or it works only for OpenMVS (Unix-MVS).
If yes what should I do to install libxml2 on MVS/OS390 platform.

  I know some people got it working there are a few informations left
on the mail archive:
  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml/2002-October/msg00135.html

libxml2 compiles and work out of the box on 31 or 64 bits Red Hat Linux
partitions on that hardware, but I don't have access to MVS. I think
the main problem is to get compilers working on ASCII code ranges and
possibly writing a Makefile and config.h by hand to compile the code,
as the usual shell based configure may not work. The code itself should
not be a problem assuming an ANSI C compiler and at least a minimally
POSIXized libc.

Daniel