[xml] question about multi-threaded-ness of libxml2

All,

I am currently investigating the use of libxml2 in a prototype.  It works well in a single-thread
environment, but things seem to fall apart in a multi-threaded environment.  In the MT environment I see a
lot of core dumps in
malloc'ing and free'ing memory which leaves me a little concerned about libxml2 and its use of global memory.

I'm currently using libxml 2.6.4.

Question:

libxml2 seems to use a good amount of global memory (as in the cleanup work being done in
xmlCleanupParser()).  Is there something special that I need to do for this to work in a MT environment?

Thanx,

M. Jones