Re: 'Re: [xml] "Control over encoding declaration (prolog and meta)'

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 05:26:43PM +0100, Kasimier Buchcik wrote:
----------
DOM 3 LS - LSSerializer.writeToString
http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/CR-DOM-Level-3-LS-20031107/load-save.html#LS-LSSerializer-writeToString

The output is written to a DOMString that is returned to the caller
(this method completely ignores all the encoding information available).
----------

   This is at best incomplete. Ignored in what sense ?

of a string containing a serialized document to be different of the
real encoding of the document for braindead interface decision is
where the stupidity lies. That's what must be fixed.

Hmm, Daniel I guess you don't like the people to call your
implementation "braindead", and I guess the DOM people don't like it either.

  If DOM3 is stupid, get it fixed or don't use it, what else can I say ?

:-) you know it's not *that* easy...

  It is !
  DOM 3 is not a REC, they are in the Candidate Recommendation phase,
asking for implementor feedback.
  Stating that writeToString breaks normal XML serialization and makes it
an implementation serious problem is correct feedback and they will have to
reply to it before making progress !

 Except the deadline is over :-(
   "implementation feedbacks are welcome until 30 November 2003"

Daniel