Re: [xml] libxml2-2.63 compilation error under Linux

On Sun, 2004-01-04 at 02:37, Vassilis Pandis wrote:
Dear Sir,
I am writing to you to inform you of something that
appears to be a bug in libxml2-2.63. I was trying to
install Gnome2 using Garnome when at some point I
noticed compilation had stopped because libxml2 could
not compile. Quite frankly, I don't even know what XML
is it was a code error so I managed to circumvent it.
The problem, which besides the compilation error
probably does not affect me, is in some data structure
which is important only with IP6 support. ./configure
does not provide a way to disable IP6 support ( or I
overlooked one )

Pass the --disable-ipv6 option to configure. It is listed in the output
of configure --help. There was a thread on this list over the weekend
about exactly the problem you are seeing, by the way. :-)

Cheers,
Malcolm