Re: [xml] Error Building libxml2-2.6.4 (nanoftp.c)

On Sun, 2004-01-04 at 09:24, Reid Spencer wrote:
Mark,

This _might_ be related to IPv6 support.

Definitely. --disable-ipv6 should fix it.

Try reconfiguring with
--disable-ipv6 and it might compile. The field being referenced is in a
#ifdef for IPV6 support. Disabling the feature will cause this code to
not be compiled correctly (which, by the way looks incorrect on first
inspection .. I think the field is sa_family not ss_family but I could
be wrong).

The field is called sa_family in things like the sockaddr structure, but
is called ss_family in the sockaddr_storage structure. See
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007904975/basedefs/sys/socket.h.html
for details. Networking data structures can be "fun" like this at times.
:-|

Cheers,
Malcolm