Re: [xml] I/O error : Too many open files

Hi,
        This may not be much help but:
I/O error : Too many open files

This is not libxml's fault. I see this message now and again
on Solaris machines. Usually before it needs rebooting.

I/O warning : failed to load external entity

This is a libxml error message when a file cannot be opened.
It is presumably due to there being "too many open files".

xsltParseStylesheetFile
It returns NULL.

Presumably a NULL FILE* (failure to open file)

If what I am saying is correct, you should
probably even trip the first error with the following
simple code:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <errno.h>

void main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
        /* Replace xsl filename with the name of your file */
        FILE *foo=fopen("xsl_filename", "r");
        if( foo == NULL ) {
          perror("fopen:");
          exit(EXIT_FAILURE);
        }

        fclose(foo);
}

should print

fopen: too many open files

(You may have to try opening say 3 files, input, output and stylesheet)

In this case, rebooting may be a quick and easy way
to restore normality to the system.

Good luck,
        Balint

Dr Balint Joo                         Post Doctoral Research Fellow
School of Physics
University of Edinburgh
Mayfield Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JZ
Scotland UK
Tel: 0131 650 6469 (from UK) +44-131-650-6469 (from outwith UK)
Fax: 0131 650 5902 (from UK) +44-131-650-5902 (from outwith UK)
email: bj ph ed ac uk           bj phys columbia edu
WWW  : http://www.ph.ed.ac.uk/~bj