From: Daniel Veillard [mailto:veillard redhat com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 11:59 AM
To: Israel Ganor
Cc: 'xml gnome org'
Subject: Re: [xml] Using Xpath from a node

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 11:50:40AM +0200, Israel Ganor wrote:
Hi,

I've just starting using libxml2.
I wonder if there is a way to the the context of an element using a
relative Xpath expression. E.g., soppose my xmlNodePtr
points to the
last B element (see below). Now I want to directly read the text of
subelement E, without looping through all B's subelements. Is this
possible? The only way I found so far is to build the full
Xpath of E
(from the doc's root) and get it using the full expression,
but this
looks like an non-elegant and inefficient.

  You need to change the evaluation context xmlXPathContextPtr
ctxt->doc should point to the current document, and ctxt->node should
point to the current node (XPath '.').

Daniel

veillard redhat com  | libxml GNOME XML XSLT toolkit
http://xmlsoft.org/ http://veillard.com/ | Rpmfind RPM search
engine http://rpmfind.net/