'Re: [xml] "xmlReadxxx & structured error handler & userData'

Hi,

on 2/12/2004 4:40 PM Daniel Veillard wrote:

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 04:36:08PM +0100, Kasimier Buchcik wrote:

Yes, I wasn't sure about this. But the dilemma is that I can set
*nothing* on the context, no userData nor _private, since the
xmlParserContext is created inside the xmlReadxxx functions.

  Then you need the xmlReadCtxtxxx functions, they are usually
dedicated to repeated parsing but if you need to access the context
that's the way. Apparently there is no example in
    http://xmlsoft.org/examples/index.html
demonstrating their use but xmllint.c does, e.g.

    ctxt = xmlNewParserCtxt();
    /* tweak ctxt here */
    doc = xmlCtxtReadFile(ctxt, filename, NULL, options);
    /* when you're done */
    xmlFreeParserCtxt(ctxt);

Great! I missed that one.
Maby one should change the doc for "xmlSetStructuredErrorFunc", since
@ctx will *not* be always passed as the first argument to @handler.

Thanks!

Kasimier