Re: [xml] Compilation errors for rngparser.c

On 9 Feb, in message <20040209130211 GF16242 redhat com>
  Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote:

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 11:21:17PM +0000, Philip Ludlam wrote:
Dear All,

When compiling rngparser.c (libxml2-2.6.5) I get the following errors:

1)
"rngparser.c", line 1441: Error: <function argument 1>: implicit cast of pointer to non-equal pointer
"rngparser.c", line 1445: Error: '=': implicit cast of pointer to non-equal pointer
"rngparser.c", line 1446: Error: '=': implicit cast of pointer to non-equal pointer
"rngparser.c", line 1447: Error: '=': implicit cast of pointer to non-equal pointer

Casting to (const unsigned char *) stops the compiler from generating
the above errors (char defaults to signed here and I guess that's what
causing the problem). Patch attached.

 Okay, applied :-)

5)
"rngparser.c", line 1494: Error: undeclared name, inventing 'extern int xmlConvertCRNG_topLevel()'

6)
"rngparser.c", line 1513: Error: type disagreement for 'xmlConvertCRNG'
"rngparser.c", line 1513: Serious error: duplicate definition of 'xmlConvertCRNG'

My text editor tells me that xmlConvertCRNG is defined twice:
  xmlConvertCRNG(const char *schemas, int len, const char *encoding) {
   (line 1436)
  xmlConvertCRNG(const char *URL, const char *encoding) {
   (line 1513)

In case it matters I don't use autoconf and the like here to build
libxml2.

 I'm surprised rngparser.c ended up in the tarball, I tried to avoid this,
it's not yet part of the library and not linked yet to other parts of the
library. Don't compile it until you see that the compact Relax NG syntax
support has been added in release notes :-)

I dunno if it is (in the tarball), but I'm sure it's tagged with
LIBXML2_2_6_5 in CVS.
(I can't check right now as I'm offline).

Yours,

Phil L.
--
http://www.philipnet.com | http://director.sourceforge.net