Re: [xml] Error building libxml2

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Anne Ramey wrote:

I run into this error when trying to do the make after ./configure
--with-zlib=/data/src/apache_src/php-4.1.2/ext/zlib --enable-ipv6=no

The PHP zlib extension is not the zlib library. It's a part of PHP
that, like libxml2, uses the zlib library.

The zlib files are usually in /usr/include/zlib/ or just
/usr/include/zlib.h. I would think that libxml2 should be able to
autodetect them on your system assuming they're installed in a
standard location and you can just do --with-zlib.

-adam

--
adam trachtenberg com
author of o'reilly's php cookbook