Re: [xml] libxml2 and pthreads

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 11:54:47AM -0700, Ben Greear wrote:
Hello!

While porting some code forward from RH 9 to FC 2, I noticed
that anything I linked with libxml also needed to be linked
with pthreads.  For various reasons I do not want to link against
pthreads, so I am curious to know what is the preferred method of
building/finding a pthread-less libxml?

  configure --without-threads

With most other libraries, any locking is done by the calling code.
Why did libxml see the need to pull pthreads internal?

  we call pthread from libxml2 for locking and thread private data.
This affect malloc() and free() too.

Daniel