Re: [xml] Creating a markup language

yOn Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Bob Rossi wrote:
On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 07:20:04PM +0400, Nikolay Melekhin wrote:
Bob Rossi wrote:
I am creating a protocol between two GPL'd applications. Basically,

You can try use XML-RPC protocol

Thanks, unfortunately, the 2 process's described are really low level.
Apparently, the only way they can communicate is through a pipe. So, I am
stuck to that environment.

With either XML-RPC or SOAP you don't need to transport them via HTTP. They're just XML describing objects. The advantage to using one of these is that you can get toolkits to do all the hard work for you.

If you're using libxml I assume either C or Python, so GSOAP or ZSI are probably the best SOAP toolkits for the two languages respectively as far as OSS goes.

Rob

      ,'/:.          Dr Robert Sanderson (azaroth liverpool ac uk)
,'---/::::::::::.    University of Liverpool
____/:::::::::::::. I L L U M I N A T I L5R Shop: http://www.cardsnotwords.com/