Re: [xml] XSLT question, regarding RSS

Hey Colin,

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 01:24:54AM -0700, Colin Fox wrote:
I'm playing around with making an RSS aggregator. I've got an XSLT that
handles a number of news sites, but Slashdot's is stumping me.

Well, there seem to be a few issues.  First of all, your XSLT script
"successfully" executes on the sample RSS.  However, I don't know what
sort of behaviour you expect it to exhibit; you aren't too clear on that
point.

Secondly, there are some obvious "problems" with the XSLT script.  For
instance, in line 21 you try to match an "item" element in the empty
namespace (that is, you don't specify a default namespace anywhere,
hence this template will *only* match the item element that has *no*
namespace).  I don't think this is the behaviour you want.  Look
carefully at the sample RSS, and you will see that every element is in
an explicit namespace, even those with no prefixes.  Almost all of your
templates are like this.

I could make additional suggestions, but I believe it would be better if
you made your intended behaviour clearer.

Take care,

    John L. Clark