[xml] strang validation error

Hi :
   I am running into a strange problem when validating a xml file against schema.  I created the xml file in a function and returned the xmlDocPtr to it, and than I called another function to validate it right away. But I got an error indicated that the root element is not declared.  However, if I call xmlSaveFormatFileEnc() function to save that created file and than open it and validate it, it will shows the file is valid.
  The only difference between these two procedure is that I specified the encoding to be "UTF-8", could that be the problem ? Any one has the similar problem before ?

Thank you!
chris