[xml] Retrive schema validation error

Hi :
   I am using libxml2-2.6.8. I need to validate an xml file against it's schema definations. It would be nice if when validatity error occured, I could get more information about the failed element.
   The testSchema.c file uses fprintf as callback function, I was wondering how do I define my own callback function?  I did something like this:

void error_func(void *ctxt,  char * msg)
{
    printf("%s", msg);
}

but it didn't print out anyting, exectp "%s". So how do i get the error message in the callback function? Am I able to get a pointer to the failed element ?

Thank you!
chris, sun