Re: [xml] libmxl2 for BeOS

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 07:47:11PM +0200, Bjorn Reese wrote:
On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 13:07, Daniel Veillard wrote:

  Change. Assuming I understand things correctly PF_ values should
be used when using the socket() call and AF_ values should be used
when manipulating the socket structure directly (Protocol Familly
versus Address Familly).

In theory, yes. However, to quote Stevens[1] "To conform to existing
coding practices, we use only the AF_ constants in this text" (he
then goes on to describe the historical background of the AF_ and
PF_ constants.)

[1] W. Richard Stevens, Unix Network Programming, 2nd edition,
    volume 1, 1998.

  Okay then the
#ifndef PF_...
#define PF_... AF_...
#endif
 could be made general not specific to __BEOS__

 good to know,

Daniel

/me has the Stevens on the shelves but open them very unfrequently ...