RE: [xml] xmlReader and _private

From: xml-admin gnome org [mailto:xml-admin gnome org] On
I see 2 potential solutions to the problem :
1) Change libxml xmlreader implementation so it does not use
_xmlNode._private.

As xmlreader is part of libxml itself, I consider this a bug.

2) Detect in the callbacks wether or not the node is created by
xmlReader, and then don't do anything if it is the case. I would then
implement Expand by copying the subtree to avoid some non
wrapped nodes
to be given to libxml++ user.

That would be unpleasant. How about using a std::map of C++ instances to C
instances instead of _private. But first, I'd ask about fixing xmlreader.

Is one of this options possible ? And if not is there any
other way to
solve this issue ?

Murray Cumming
www.murrayc.com