Re: [xml] Something better than _private?

On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 02:44:08PM +0200, Enno Rehling wrote:
I want to store user-data on document nodes, but since everone else
(libxslt, I hear) is also using _private, I'm not sure that that's such a
good place to put it. Is there an alternative way? Any best practice for this?

  No, _private is the dedicated place for this.
The fact that libxslt modifies the node has a simple rule:
   libxslt modifies the document it's being passed to be transformed
   if you want to transform a document you're using for other processing
   you must make a copy of it first and handle that copy to libxslt.
I'm not gonna add a new field for this reason.

Daniel