RE: [xml] Differences in DOM parsing on Windows and UNIX?

As a follow-up, I do not see why this logic cannot be embedded in
xmlKeepBlanksDefault:

int
xmlKeepBlanksDefault(int val) {
    int old = xmlKeepBlanksDefaultValue;

    xmlKeepBlanksDefaultValue = val;
    xmlIndentTreeOutput = !val;

/* add this here.. */
#ifdef LIBXML_THREAD_ENABLED
    xmlThrDefKeepBlanksDefaultValue(val);
#endif

    return(old);
}

Is there any use case where it would make sense for the value to be
different in the main thread then in the newly created threads?

Maybe, maybe not. In any case, that would change the
behaviour of the API. I raised a similar issue, for different
reasons... and I ended up implementing the xmlThrDefXXX
because that was what the community favoured.

-sbi