[xml] Getting Error from the parser.

Folks,

 I am parsing a document and would like to get the error returned by the xml
parser.

Example:Opening and ending tag mismatch: merge_filename line 6 and merge_file
        <merge_filename> merge_file </merge_file>

 I am using the DOM. (i.e. opening the document with
 xmlParseFile(xml_file);

  I tried setting up the xmlSetGenericErrorFunc; howerver, the eroor message
comes in "chunks" (calls the handle multiple times).

   Is there another way to do that, or am I doing it the correct way ?

 Thanks for any help.

=====
Plese, don't send me any attachment in Micro$oft (.DOC, .PPT) format.
Read http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
Please, consider adding this text to Your email signature.

Harring Figueiredo