Re: [xml] xmlRemoveID patch

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 10:46:57PM -0400, Rob Richards wrote:
After running into an issue with xmlRemoveID today and reading a post
from August on the same issue, the attached patch seems to resolve
the issue. An xmlIDPtr is now retrieved from the hash table and its
attr property is checked against the xmlAttrPtr passed in. Lastly
xmlHashRemoveEntry is called rather than xmlHashUpdateEntry so that its
actually removed and the table is updated properly.

  What problem does it fixes ? Did you run the full regression tests,
including the streaming/validation ones ? I'm pretty sure this breaks
streaming validation. So without even a description of what it's supposed
to fix, I'm not tempted a priori to apply it.
  Actually I just checked to make sure,
     xmllint --valid --stream test/valid/REC-xml-19980210.xml
fails all the ID/IDREF detection and even segfaults with your patch. Sorry
I really can't apply this !

Daniel