[xml] Re: compilation problem --> solution

Wrt point 2 in http://docbook2x.sourceforge.net/install-procedure.html#install-problems:

According to my experience, the two events a) compilation error and, b) segmentation fault, have different
causes.

Problem a) is due to some opaque pointers in the libxml library. The libxml people are going to fix that
problem. Meanwhile a simple
workaround is to include

#include <libxml/parser.h>

in libxslt/ext.h.

Problem b) disappeared on my computer when I installed the SGML catalogs correctly.

I'm using Linux, so I don't know whether other OSes experience the same problem, and, if so, whether they can
be solved the same
way.

-Mario