Re: [xml] xmlFreeDoc() error

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 04:02:05PM +0100, Jesper Mørk wrote:
Hi list

I have a problem with the xmlFreeDoc() function giving me this error
message:

free(): invalid pointer 0x80ae900!

I can't understand why this should be an innvalid pointer. The pointer
is set by xmlParseFile() and is not changed during the run of the
program.

Am I missing something or is this not the way to do it.

   Your report has no usuful data for us to work on, however
  xmlFreeDoc() is recursive. It will free the whole document. If you
modified incorrectly any part in the document, xmlFreeDoc() will
likely hit it.
   Use a debugger and check where this fails, then check back in your
application where this was modified. If xmllint works on the document
without error then it mean your program is at fault, because xmllint
do call xmlFreeDoc() with the result from parsing.
    http://xmlsoft.org/bugs.html

Daniel