Re: 'Re: "Re: [xml] xmlReconciliateNs fix proposal II"'

On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 07:02:01PM +0200, Kasimier Buchcik wrote:
  The big problem of that approach is that you try to minimize the number of
namespaces put on the new tree but it may not work ! For example XML Schemas
allow data to be QNames, and it could go in nodes or attributes *value*.
You will not catch them this way, leading to broken QNames in the resulting
tree. See the section of the XSLT-1.0 specification about namespace output,
basically what you want is make 100% sure that the namespace in scope at the
extraction point are still available at the insertion point.

Wellowello, I'm not into xslt... but if QNames of attribute or node

  It's not about being into XSLT, if you have "foo:bar" string in some
text content it can be a QName, you have no way to assert it is or not
but it is becomming a unclean but relatively common practice.

values have to be handled nowadays, then this asks for namespace
references to be implemented for those too, since one cannot ensure that
a prefix of a namespace will stay the same during the work with libxml2.

  Well for a cut and paste operation, that's something we can garantee
but since we don't have atomic cut-n-paste operations it may be difficult
to implement.

Well, the minimizing is a feature, it does not break any things. Do I
still miss something here?

  I dunno, all this is really complex ...

Daniel