Re: [xml] stack corruption (2.5.4)

I'm not sure if this is of interest to the general public or not, but I'll
mail the list anyway since it may be useful to someone.

I tried applying the patches, to fix the 2 ParseDTD routines and to
prevent manipulating doc if it isn't set, to 2.5.4 this morning. I hoped
that it would cure my problem (as it did when applied to 2.5.7 yesterday.)

The bad news is that it didn't. I still get a corrupt stack, so I
guess other fixes must have been introduced since 2.5.4 that are required
as well as the patches above.

I'd like to be able to move onto a newer release of libxml2 (2.5.8 I guess)
but unfortunately that's not a straightforward option for me right now. I'm
going to keep investigating the 2.5.4 bug, so any further pointers as to
things worth looking at would be appreciated.

The only other news I have is that it appears that the problem only manifests
itself if xmlValidateDocument() is called, then nodes are added and then
xmlValidateDocument() is called again. Just to be clear, I am no longer
executing the code to put in a DTD, I'm just calling xmlValidateDocument()
and ignoring the error messages.

If I don't make the second call to xmlValidateDocument() then I don't get a
problem. (or maybe I do, but it isn't visible).

Gary