[xml] Compression problem using Zlib

Title: Compression problem using Zlib

I develop a project which builds a xml file. Building and saving process for a valid xmlDocPtr object is successful. And saved xml file is well formatted. But I need to compress this file before saving it. I used zlib win32 dll version.

(ZLib 1.1.4 for Win98/NT)
Files are:
zlib114dll/dll32/zlib.dll
zlib114dll/dll32/zlib.lib

#define _WINDOWS
#define ZLIB_DLL
#include "zlib.h"

..Xml Create process...
int nComp = xmlGetDocCompressMode(doc);
xmlSetDocCompressMode(doc, 9);
xmlSaveFile("c:\\VEReq.xml", doc);

Compiles and links without any error.
XML document are saved to disk without compressed. I mean, program works same as uncompressed mode. Saved file is well formatted xml document.

How will I use compression option in libxml?
Thanks in advance.

GIZLILIK NOTU
Bu e-posta mesaji gizli, hassas bilgi ve/ya da ekler icerebilir. Bu mesaj, mesajin alici kisminda belirtilen kullanici/kullanicilara gonderilmistir. Eger mesaji yanlislikla almissaniz lutfen gondereni acilen bilgilendiriniz, mesaji ve tum kopyalarini siliniz.
Bu mesaj bilinen tüm viruslere karsi Symantec Antivirus ile taranmistir.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This email may contain confidential information and/or attachments. This email is intended for the use of the addressee only. If you receive this email by mistake, please advise the sender immediately and delete the email and any copies of it.
This e-mail has been scanned by Symantec Antivirus for all known viruses.