Re: [xml] pythondir in Makefile.am suggestion

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 02:21:11AM +0100, Petr Koloros wrote:
Hi,

I have Python installed in separate directory (/opt/python). It works fine when
specified by --with-python=/opt/python. But the result after compilation is
installed in /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages, which doesn't correspond to my
Python location. What do you think about installing it into the path found in
PYTHON_SITE_PACKAGES ?

I tryied to fix it for myself and it seems to work fine.

  That would need more testing or a pointer to some "official"
Python documentation. This kind of changes can turn into a real nightmare
if done wrong, so I won't apply it before getting far more feedback.

Daniel