[xml] Setting xml:base for xml documents processed with xsltproc?

I have a CGI script which, when an .html URL is requested which is a
symlink to an .xml file, that .xml file is transformed with xsltproc to
give to the browser.  When xsltproc is run, it is given the local
filename of the .xml file to be transformed (not the HTTP URL for it) so
it doesn't incur another HTTP request.

Inside the .xml file are some XIncludes which get processed by xsltproc.
If there are relative URLs which are XIncluded though, these are
resolved as relative filenames on the web server, not HTTP URLs.  I want
these relative URLs to be relative to the original request URL.

Is there some way I can set the base for the XML document being
processed by xsltproc?

Thanks,

Cameron

--