Re: [xml] discuss. associating "Resolver" with XMLDocument or Stylesheet

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 05:10:02PM -0500, Brad Clements wrote:
Could I use the ctx parameter in the Resolver to accomplish this some way?

  you can try to set the _private field of the parsing context to some
of your resolver data, yes. No garantee, you need to try it out.

Also, with respect to Python modules having to call freeDoc.. Should the Python API
handle reference counting, or was there a reason why "automatic" C object freeing was
not implemented?

  Far far far too complex w.r.t. the existing API to be made reliable.
I discarded it nearly immediately. It's better to *know* that the document
instance must be freed once done, than try to find why code is unreliable
in a zillion of different cases. If you forget to free the doc you
have a predictable and hence easy to debug problem. If there is some
missed ref count hanling on access it's a nightmare. It's also impossible
to generate automatically. I will not change this even if I get patches.

Daniel