From: Jesse Pelton [mailto:jsp PKC com]
Sent: 18 July 2003 18:00
To: 'xml gnome org'
Subject: RE: [xml] libXml speed and memory use (v Xerces)

Benchmarking is a notoriously difficult thing to do well; so
much depends on
the particulars.  Your benchmark may be a better or worse
reflection of your
actual use case(s) than the one on SourceForge.

Bear in mind that the benchmark is a bit dated.  It compares
Xerces 2.1 and
libxml2 2.4.30; current versions are 2.3 and 2.5.8
respectively.  The Xerces
crew has done a fair amount of performance tuning since 2.1,
especially in
2.2.