Re: [xml] "detached" DTD's

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 10:58:46PM -0500, Rich Salz wrote:
So, a couple of questions.  Should I set xmlLoadExtDtdDefaultValue
in findIDNodes, or before the DTD is loaded?  Should I bother

  ... xmlLoadExtDtdDefaultValue is a global variable

 * xmlLoadExtDtdDefaultValue:
 *
 * Global setting, indicate that the parser should load DTD while not
 * validating.
 * Disabled by default.

  Seems relatively clear taht 1/ it modifies *parsing* 2/ since it's
a global variable it will modify the behaviour on all subsequent parse.
In a nutshell if you enable this all your parsing will load the DTD
referenced by the document. Apparently this is not what you want.
Validating after parsing with an independant DTD has nothing to do with
this flag.

with noop_error and noop_warning, or just leave the pointers NULL?

  Depends if you're interested in validity errors and warnings !
Noone can tell except you ...

Daniel