Re: [xml] XInclude and DTD declarations

On Sat, Jan 18, 2003 at 11:31:43AM -0000, Matthew Burgess wrote:
Hi,

I have two xml documents one of which XIncludes the other.  For ease of
description I'll call them parent and child.  The parent document has a
DOCTYPE declaration, and the DTD it points to has a number of external
entities defined within it.  The child document has no DOCTYPE
declaration of it's own, but also references the external entities
defined in the parent documents DTD.  e.g.

  Then your child is not well-formed XML, it is not XML and can't
be XInclud'ed (with parse="xml') !

Daniel