Re: [xml] Intsall advice

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 10:21:09AM -0000, spinmar interfree it wrote:
Following Daniel's advice,

  No I asked for the error you got on "rpm --rebuild libxml2-2.4.30-1.src.rpm"
I just tried here on a Red Hat 7.2 machine and this worked fine.

I tried to update rpm libxml2.
error: failed dependencies:
        libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)   is needed by libxml2-2.4.30-1
My glibc version is 2.2.4.31.

  You're trying to install RPM built on Red Hat 8.0 to a Red Hat 7.2
system. This does not work, that is perfectly normal. You need to rebuild
them from the source package. I tried, this worked. You said you tried
and that it failed but didn't give any error information. My remarks on
my previous mail still apply. All this is really basic Linux system
maintenance knowledge, you lack this knowledge, and this list is NOT the
proper place to acquire them. You can report build error, compilation
problems, runtime problems w.r.t. the library here, but in that case
provide meaningful feedback.

Daniel