Re: [xml] Install advice

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 09:02:08AM -0000, spinmar interfree it wrote:

Hi,

I have to update my libxml2 on my test machine (redhat 7.2).

I have tried with rpm --rebuild libxml2.4.30 but it gives me an error.

  Your report is not useful, what error ?

So I have compiled and installed libxml2.4.30.tar.gz.

  I *strongly* suggest you use RPM for software management on Red Hat.

The command "make install" has installed the lib under /usr/local/lib but under /usr/lib I have the old
ones:

  This has nothing specific to libxml2, this is off topic for this list.
You need to acquire (or hire someone with) basic sysadmin knowledge for
Linux, and this list is not the proper place.

Daniel