[xml] Information about "xincluded" documents in XML tree?

Hi,

I am thinking of using postvalidation on a document that has XIncludes, and it would be way cool if I could
get a clue if a validation error occured inside an XIncluded document or not.

I browsed the LibXML code for this, as well as the list archives, but could not really find a clue (which is
my fault, maybe? :)).

When I do an XInclude processing of my XML document, as xmllint w/ --xinclude does, will LibXML store any
information in the node tree on xincludes? Say, like,

  "here, the nodes included from <yourincluded.xml#xpointer(bla)> start"
     ... [lots of XML :)]
  "here, the nodes included from <yourincluded.xml#xpointer(bla)> stop"

I saw there was the XML_XINCLUDE_START/STOP defines but I don't quite understand how they work.

Any hint will be much appreciated. Thanks for the good work!

Best regards,
johann

Johann Richard
IC & DSP Design Engineer
Dspfactory SA
Champs-Montants 12a
2074 Marin-Epagnier
Switzerland

Tel: +41 32 755 7400
Fax: +41 32 755 7401
e-mail: mailto:johann richard dspfactory ch

http://www.dspfactory.com