Re: [xml] Using xmlParserNodeInfo

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 11:40:23AM -0800, Glenn W. Bach wrote:
I finally managed to get a custom setup that I could debug.

On my xml file, the function:

  xmlParseExternalEntityPrivate

at parser.c:9655 is being called. This function makes a new context that does not inherit the record_info value of the original. This may be what the problem is. If a lot of processing is done with this context, it could also be that the list of nodes wouldn't be copied back to the original context.

I may be totally off base here, but this is where I saw the value of record_info suddenly become 0.

  Hum, right this bit should be inherited in the child context !
The enclosed patch should fix this,

I'm a little concerned about the node_seq. When xmlParseExternalEntityPrivate is finished, it returns the nodeset. Doesn't it also have to return the node_seq? Even if it is recording the node info, it seems that as soon as the pseudo context is freed, all of the node info will be lost.

Glenn