Re: [xml] Release of libxml2-2.5.3

On Sun, 2003-02-16 at 09:35, Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 01:20:23PM +0100, Stephane Bidoul wrote:
I think the problem is due to the addition of relaxNgValidCtxt
to the reference_keepers list. That reveals a bug that
was there before: as suggested in a previous post, ref is
not in scope at that place.

  yeah, I didn't really looked closely, but that's the only
change I can suspect to produce this.

With python 2.1 it (now?) raises an exception, and with
python 2.2 it seems it reuses the ref variable previously used
in a for loop... but in that case, the generated result
is wrong. In previous releases, it was correct because there
was only one item in reference_keepers (???).

To me, the strangest in that story is python's behaviour...

  Seems local variable scope rules changed, really strange I agree.

"Nested" scopes were available in Python 2.1 as an option, enabled via
the extension directive, 'from __future__ import nested_scopes'.  They
became the default language behavior in Python 2.2:

  http://www.python.org/doc/2.2.1/whatsnew/node9.html

The new behavior is defined in PEP 227, "Statically Nested Scopes":

  http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0227.html

Tres.
Tres Seaver                                tseaver zope com