Re: [xml] relax ng support in libxml2?

On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 02:59:26AM +0400, David Tolpin wrote:
Hi,

  Hi David,

 I'm following your progresses toward your own RNG C validator (from a
distance, I didn't actually had time to look at the code yet) it's interesting,
as you probably saw I took a different method for validation from James
suggested algorithm (I implemented partially both ways) one of the reasons
being that I want to build deterministic automata when possible and this
seems harder to add on top of the derivation mechanism. It seems the
derivation algorithm is better suited for editing and error reporting
purposes too (my code need some serious work in those areas).

xmllint: using libxml version 20604
   compiled with: DTDValid FTP HTTP HTML C14N Catalog XPath XPointer XInclude Unicode Regexps Automata
Schemas

fails to validate

  <stylesheet xmlns:foo="http://example.com/foo"; xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; version="1.0">
    <template>
      <foo:x a="b"/>
    </template>
  </stylesheet>

against

[...]

complaining, that

  /home/dvd/work/PreTI/CImpl/admon.xsl:5: element x: Relax-NG validity error : Did not expect element x
there
  /home/dvd/work/PreTI/CImpl/admon.xsl fails to validate

  Hum, right, I'm afraid it's related to the construct

    <element>
    <anyName>
      <except>
        <nsName/>
      </except>
    </anyName>

I though those kind of bugs had been fixed a long time ago, but apparently
there is still a problem there.

  thanks for the report, any chance you could add it to bugzilla
    http://xmlsoft.org/bugs.html
so it can be tracked until closure ?

Daniel