[xml] xsltproc outputs invalid meta tag for xhtml

Hi,
i've been transforming xml to xhtml via an xslt stylesheet using "html"
output mode (so empty tags don't get folded).
I'm happy with the result except for two small things:

xsltproc inserts a meta tag which is not valid xhtml:
I am not aware of some browser not supporting the latter notation.

second: can i have xsltproc output
even in html mode? then the resulting file would be valid xhtml.

I tried using xml output mode, but that had unwanted side effects, too -

Greetings,
Erich Schubert
--
     erich@(vitavonni.de|debian.org)    --    GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C     (o_
 A man doesn't know what he knows until he knows what he doesn't know. //\